Do you know my bigger relatives? Those who roar and live in the jungle? Yes? Well, good. Because we need to help them.
National Geographic (uhm, this is where we watch the Dog Whisperer, but that's another story) is enjoining 10,000 cat lovers all over the world to honor the little kitties in their life, raise $50,000 and help save big cats across the planet. In Little Kitties for Big Cats, you hooman can celebrate your special purring furball, and help prevent the extinction of beautiful wild cats at the same time!
According to Nat Geo, big cats are dying at alarming rates:
- Lions (rawr!) - perhaps as low as 20,000 across Africa (uhm, maybe Apple computers should help, too, with the launch of Mac OS X Lion)
- Snow Leopards - between 4,500 and 7,500 remain in the wild
- Tigers (some people say my stripes resemble that of a tiger!) - only an estimated 3,200 remain in the wild
- Cheetahs (yeah, those swift runners!) - as few as 12,000 remain in the wild
The National Geographic Society's Big Cats initiative is funding special grants to help save big cats, especially Africa's lions. The grants are aimed at stopping the conflict with humans, poaching and habitat loss that are eradicating these magnificent cats.
It's very easy to spread the love to our beloved big cats.
1. Click the the link below, which shall take you to"Little Kitties for Big Cats" page.
2. Provide necessary information and donate at least $5 (about P210).
3. You will receive a confirmation email. This also contains the link to where you can post your beloved kitty's photo.
5. Check out your kitty's photo...
6. ...and check out the gallery, too, for other kitty cuteness!
You'll feel great, for sure, once you see that your humble $5 will go a long way in helping the big kitties!